me4president2008Test

Friday, August 19, 2005

Maybe we should hono

Maybe we should honor the troops by actually fighting the war and not just by <a href="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166165,00.html" style="color:#b22222; text-decoration:underline;">finishing it</a>. Finishing does not mean success or victory, it just means it's over. We could pull out now and say that we are finished because we accomplished our goals. Especially since noone knows what those goals are.Vice President Cheney, what do you know about sacrifice? Sure, you had to give up your position at Halliburton to become VP, but other than that, what do you know? Do you know how it feels to serve your country and be underpaid fro your responsibilities? Do you know how it feels to be sent into combat without proper equipment and poor planning? I don't know about the combat part, but I did serve. How about you?I even served in a time of peace when there wasn't a high need for people. If I remember right, your patriotic ass avoided a war because you had "other priorities." I did not do it for any cause other than I have always thought there should be some type of mandatory service but had never served myself. I also wanted to challenge myself because there are some who thought I couldn't make it.You say, "This nation will always be grateful to them and we will honor their sacrifice by completing our mission.”  Perhaps we should try honoring their sacrifice by actually sacrificing something ourselves.  Most people feel no attachment to this war except that they know they support it and our troops.  Yet when the time came for tax cuts, none of those troops supporters or yourself said maybe we shouldn’t have them right now and use it for our troops.  No, if I remember correct, what we heard was that we still needed another tax cut because this was just the start.

I am tired of you and your fucking supporters who think that sacrifice means putting a fucking magnet on their cars.  It could leave a mark after all.  I am not saying that I have done a great deal for them, but I also don’t have as much power or money to give as many others do.  Instead I support them by asking that you give them what they need to win or pull them out.  They get paid peanuts to help protect overpaid business friends of yours.  You should be ashamed to look in the mirror everyday.

I have felt guilt because people I knew went over to serve and I didn’t simply because of timing.  There are times when I seriously thought about reenlisting.  I didn’t because I couldn’t stand the thought of serving this administration in a war I didn’t support and that obviously wasn’t well thought out.  I still feel the guilt of friends serving, but know I made the right decision because you guys are more stubborn that intelligent.

I guess all I want to know is, when are you going to start honoring our troops sacrifices with more than words?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home